It’s that time again!!
Here are 30 odd images of rescue dogs from the last 12-18 months that have come through TDBCR’s doors. We try to put out a calendar every year – some years we hold a submission and voting contest, but I didn’t get it together to do that this year. Instead, I have randomly selected photos of TDBCR dogs that *I* have taken (to avoid copyright issues), and you get to vote for your favourites through the month of September.
I realize this format is ugly, but it’s functional :)
And here are your rules:
- Vote as often as you like, in the comments section. And please only vote in the comments on this post – if you vote in the comments on another post, it won’t count.
- You get 5 votes at a time. So choose your 5 favourite photos from the group (by file name) and list them. If you choose more than 5 per post, I will just not count any votes after 5.
- Vote once a day only please. Because this is totally primitive, it’s on the honour system. OTOH, you have to manually type in your votes so I think if you’re trying to cheat, you’ll get pretty tired of it :)
- Vote every day, if you want to, until the end of September. After that, I will close the comments on this post.
- If you don’t see a favourite photo from this past year, don’t fret! There will also be a 365puppy calendar, and a 3WAAW calendar of all my favourites from the last year :)
That’s it! This is totally old skool, but I thought it would be fun to get your input on what goes into the calendar. I tried to get a selection of head shots, action shots, candids and fancily processed photos, but remember I took somewhere in the vicinity of 80,000 photos last year, so flipping through them to grab a selection was laborious. And of course some of my dogs appear in there, but that’s because they are the dogs I see the most :) As long as we end up with a nice cross section of some of the wonderful dogs adopted from TDBCR, I’m happy with whatever you decide. I leave it in your capable hands!!
PS – Piper thanks you for the well wishes. Her franken-ear is stitched up from stem to stern, inside and out, and she is wearing pantyhose on her head to keep the damaged ear immobile – if she shakes it too hard, she could develop a hematoma, so the ear has to be tucked flat to her head. She is angry about this turn of events, but I expect nothing less from my wee witch ;-)