It’s that time again!!
Here are 30 odd images of rescue dogs from the last 12-18 months that have come through TDBCR’s doors. We try to put out a calendar every year – some years we hold a submission and voting contest, but I didn’t get it together to do that this year. Instead, I have randomly selected photos of TDBCR dogs that *I* have taken (to avoid copyright issues), and you get to vote for your favourites through the month of September.
I realize this format is ugly, but it’s functional :)
And here are your rules:
- Vote as often as you like, in the comments section. And please only vote in the comments on this post – if you vote in the comments on another post, it won’t count.
- You get 5 votes at a time. So choose your 5 favourite photos from the group (by file name) and list them. If you choose more than 5 per post, I will just not count any votes after 5.
- Vote once a day only please. Because this is totally primitive, it’s on the honour system. OTOH, you have to manually type in your votes so I think if you’re trying to cheat, you’ll get pretty tired of it :)
- Vote every day, if you want to, until the end of September. After that, I will close the comments on this post.
- If you don’t see a favourite photo from this past year, don’t fret! There will also be a 365puppy calendar, and a 3WAAW calendar of all my favourites from the last year :)
That’s it! This is totally old skool, but I thought it would be fun to get your input on what goes into the calendar. I tried to get a selection of head shots, action shots, candids and fancily processed photos, but remember I took somewhere in the vicinity of 80,000 photos last year, so flipping through them to grab a selection was laborious. And of course some of my dogs appear in there, but that’s because they are the dogs I see the most :) As long as we end up with a nice cross section of some of the wonderful dogs adopted from TDBCR, I’m happy with whatever you decide. I leave it in your capable hands!!
PS – Piper thanks you for the well wishes. Her franken-ear is stitched up from stem to stern, inside and out, and she is wearing pantyhose on her head to keep the damaged ear immobile – if she shakes it too hard, she could develop a hematoma, so the ear has to be tucked flat to her head. She is angry about this turn of events, but I expect nothing less from my wee witch ;-)
Big Butter Jesus went down in a creamy conflagration last night. All that’s left is the metal skeleton, prompting the new name of Terminator Jesus, used all over town today. His raised right hand was struck by lightning, and lo and behold, styrofoam covered in fiberglass burns real good. The statue and adjoining building both had lightning rods, but, well, it’s lightning. The church plans to rebuild Touchdown Jesus, and I say rebuild it 10 feet higher….otherwise, God wins. From the “Ironic, don’t cha think” department, the giant Hustler Hollywood sign across the highway was untouched.
Apparently they call this a “hot fire”. Good to know.
A cannibal was walking through the jungle and came upon a restaurant operated by a fellow cannibal.
Feeling somewhat hungry, he sat down and looked over the menu….
|#Grilled Fox News Commentator:||$100.00|
The cannibal called the waiter over and asked, “Why such a price difference for the Fox News Commentators?”
The cook replied, “Have you ever tried to clean one? They’re so full of shit, it takes all morning.”
I thought this video was pretty fascinating:
It’s worth checking the full post for details.